In order to participate in medical hands-on practice at our institution,
1) The training department has to approve it beforehand.
2) Your training period has to be longer than 6 months.
3) You have to complete the SIF-PC course before your start your clinical training.
4) After you complete the SIF-PC course, you have to participate in the clinical training as an observer for 2 months to apply for medical hands-on practice.
Proof of Employment : You must prove that your clinical experience is longer than 3 years AFTER your medical license is issued
Recommendation letter issued by a director of the government organization that is in charge of issuing your medical license (MOH or institutions within or affiliated to MOH) Sample Download
The recommendation letter has to include the following :
1) A stamp or signature of the director of a government organization
2) Your full name
3) Your medical license number
4) Your date of birth
5) Your clinical experience
6) Expected training area at Severance (Your major, Training department and Hospital at Severance, Scope of Training or specific title of your sub-specialty)
URL of the English webiste of the university where you received your medical degree
Both original and authorized English translation of the curriculum, syllabus of the major courses you took, school regulations that include information on admission, special courses etc., and guidebook that includes information of your school's faculty and environment of clinical practice
Application of International Scholars
Review of Application Documents
Interview (Skype or email)
VISA Application (if applicable) & Verification of immunization status (mandatory)
Payment of Training fee (2 weeks prior to starting date)
Arrival to Korea & Beginning of Training
Severance Academy, 5th floor of Central Administration Building (Funeral hall building) 50-1, Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-Gu, Seoul 03722, Korea