Visiting Clerkship Program(VCP)
Yonsei University is dedicated to educate future leaders of our society in the spirit of Christianity, fostering a strong and lasting commitment to the principles of truth and freedom. Yonsei University College of Medicine offers an elective program for medical students in clinical years from around the world as part of its global education curriculum strategy.
Conditions and responsibilities
- Student must be enrolled in a medical college or a medical graduate school located outside Korea that is approved by the Minister of Health and Welfare.
- Student must be a medical student in clinical years who accomplished prerequisite core clerkships in their home institution.
- Student must be in their final or penultimate year of study.
- 4-year curriculum : junior or above
- 6-year curriculum : Fourth year or above
- Lower grade students (freshmen, sophomores) are NOT eligible.
- Students whose major is not related to clinical fields are NOT eligible.
- Students with the purpose of research are NOT eligible.
- Students cannot apply for VCP via the department they wish to attend, as departments may not be aware of their student quota which includes our own students and other electives.
- All correspondence about electives must be made directly between the students and the Electives Coordinator. A third party cannot involve in the application process.
- Students must be proficient in English or Korean (spoken and written).
The clerkship period is 2 weeks per department, starting on Monday. You may apply for up to 2 departments(divisions).
|Clerkship Period||Online application||Expected notification of approval|
|September ~ December||January 1 ~ January 31||March 1|
|March ~ June (following year)||July 1 ~ July 31||September 1|
VCP is not available in January & February, July & August
Students from partner universities have separate application periods. Please email email@example.com for further details.
There is a limit to the number of students who can participate in the clerkship per month. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback to students who are not accepted.
Departments with a star mark only accept students who are fluent in Korean.